Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday, September 19







This morning we slept in until about 8:30 and then had a leisurly breakfast. The hotels in which we've stayed ALL offered wonderful breakfasts! I tehn waited to meet a friend of mine from Junior High School (am I dating myself?) whom I've not seen in about 40 years. She arrived in the hotel where we had a wonder chat after which we took the train and vaporetto back to the island of Venice. Jim, Marialuisa and I shared a wonderful lunch and tried to catch up on our lives. Marialuisa left and Jim and I had the rest of the afternoon to oursleves. We went for a gondola ride and actualy saw Cassanova's house. It was a beauty! Just as we had, people were taking photographs of us from the various bridges as we passed by. We then just walked, and walked, and walked. In the early evening we sat down for dinner along the Grand Canal with another couple from the group. The buildings across the Grand Canal were beautiful as they reflected the setting sun. This was another view I wanted to etch in my brain. We waited until dark so that I could take a few photos from one of the bridges of the lights along the canal. After a perfect day Jim and I returned to our room to pack and relax before we leave for Verona and Lake Como tomorrow. I am soooo happy that I am now up to date on this blog. Hugs to everyone...

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to you, have enjoyed reading all about your trip! Can't wait to hear more about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete